WHEN SHOULD I STAGE MY HOUSE?
* Require maximum resale value
* Reduce your time on the market
* House is being viewed but there are no offers
* Especially when the house is vacant! Potential buyers fail to imagine their furnishing in the home. Statistics show a vacant home takes twice as long to sell than a furnished home.
WHEN SHOULD I CALL THE STAGER?
* Before the "FOR SALE" sign goes up
* Before the MLS photos
* Before the Virtual Tour
* Before any Realtor Pre-veiw
* Before your first open house, or next open house
* Before your next price reduction
IS STAGING TAX DEDUCTIBLE?
YES! Staging services can be considered an advertising fee (See IRS Publication 523) and these selling expenses include commissions, advertising fees*, legal fees and loan charges paid by the seller.
*Staging a home for re-sale is considered an Advertising fee. There are no time limits on the Advertising Fees related to the sale for the IRS. However, it is important to note that if a property does not sell and is taken off the market; expenses for that transaction are NOT deductible in the future. Check with your accountant for full details.